Thursday, December 1, 2011

What would you do if you became a millionaire?

Franck (The hubby) and I were talking about this earlier today. If you were blessed enough to win the lotto tomorrow, what would you do with your money? I'm sure the first thing a lot of people would do is get up OUT the hood. But at the same time I know some who wouldn't, mainly because they are just so comfortable where they're at. Some people are afraid of change. Don't get me wrong, I would leave the hood but I wouldn't erase it out of my life completely like some would. Get a lil money and don't know how to act! At the same time, I won't be living ghetto fabulous.....with my 3 bedroom apartment PIMPED out......stripper pole in the middle of my living room, a personal servant to scratch my ass when it itches, a 60 inch flat screen mounted on my 62 inch wall, driving around in a Benz while I'm asking who got the keys to my beamer?! Having my own property would come first.....everything else is an accessory. Of course everyone is in a different situation but I personally would keep what could possibly be an investment. For instance, my mom has a HUGE apartment (2 bedrooms), affordable & subsidized rent in a quiet, safe block in an upcoming neighborhood. I would never give that up! Why? Well for one, you never know what can happen tomorrow. The state might finally figure out HOW the hell you never worked a day in your life but manage to file "self employed" every year during tax time. (LMAO) Second, NYC rent is pretty ridiculous, not affordable at all. Therefore, I would rather sublease, add on $200-$300 to the rent to make a profit because that would still be cheaper than a $1600 "studio" apartment (so small, you can take a shit while you flip your chuletas) in little Mexico(116th Street).
Who would NOT want to move out of the hood if they had the chance? I would! In a heart beat!!! But to say that I would never look back is a little much. This is the place I was born & raised. I learned what was right, what was wrong, who to trust and who not, where to buy cigarettes & liquor at the age of 16, which spot had the best chopped cheese, which sneaker store had the new Jordan's before they were release everywhere else, which blocks you should avoid at night if you didn't want master splinter running across your feet.....I'm being silly but basically, I learned what made me who I am today. To say that you're ashamed of where you came from, you're saying you're ashamed of who you are. The "hood" is not always the worst place you could have been raised at. If you managed to hit 21 without getting locked up, shot up, knocked up, if you graduated, got a job, learned some responsibility, went to college or any other GOOD in life.....than the hood hasn't been that bad to you. And you can never say it's because you didn't hang w/ the thug crew. Fact is, not everyone that has been killed was killed because they were living a bad life. You can be at the wrong place, at the wrong time. You know what's worse than living in the ghetto? Living in a third world country where eating is a privilege and drinking the water can kill you. At least in the hood you get FOOD STAMPS. :)

2 comments:

  1. Im out of here if I hit the lottery. The only time the hood would see me if I'm doing charity events with my bodyguards (Ron) in tow. Once people find out you are rich, they will hate and try things to get some of that paper. So see ya hood, but I'll take care of ya from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wit u Ms.Random...if I get money I defenitly want to move....ill buy a house for my kids a place we can call home that's OURS pay it off & everything put the rest of the money in an account under my kids name so they can have a college fund....but I would never forget bout where I came from...ill buy me a family Van nothing to over the top I'm good wit a dodge caravan...& ill always go back. Family & friends everyone swares the hood is a bad place but @ the end of the day those of us that was born & raised out here know that growing up in a rough neighborhood made us alittle stronger we know wat is to struggle...I personally will never forget where I came from...I lost some friends & gained some we all may not see eachother 24/7 cuz we have responsibilities now but when times get rough & we fall dwn we always have those main friends there for the support..I know I can always count on my bestie...so that's what one thing we learned from the hood...always have eachothers back we may not be blood related but we are still family sisters & if it wasn't for the hood I wouldn't be the woman or mother I am today...everything wasn't handed to me I learned to do for me & mines & @ the end still help a friend in need...never forget where u from of course we would have afew haters @ ms.scripter we have the haters with or without the money its life but to the ones that hate u don't even wrry bout it u say godbless & keep it moving...kill them wit kindness well wit that said...soloving ur blog ms.random :-)

    ReplyDelete