Sunday, November 13, 2011

What are you thankful for?

So since it's November and thanksgiving is coming up, I've decided to blog about what I am thankful for. We all come across hard times and some may have more than others but we all have something or someone to be thankful for. I have a beautiful little family of my own. Two gorgeous little angels that put a smile on my face everyday. A wonderful husband who is a great father and my best friend. A family who is nothing more than supportive and loving. A decent job that allows me to provide for my family, put food in my fridge, clothes on our bodies, a roof over our heads, heat for the winter and AC for the summer, water to wash our asses, ETC (you get the point). I also have amazing friends who I can count on to be there for me and who I consider more than just friends, they are family!


People that complain about what they have at the moment.....or better yet what they DONT have need to stop and realize that whatever they DO have is an absolute blessing. Again, we all go through hard times but there are people in this world who don’t have anything at all. They don’t have food to eat, family to love, a place to live; to call their own, they don't have jobs or money. Some don't even know where they're going to sleep tomorrow or how they're going to eat. It's disgusting how spoiled this country is but we still manage to have complaints. To complain when we don’t have money to pay our CABLE bill or our CELL PHONE bill or our CAR INSURANCE. All of that is luxury and everyday people fail to realize that that is not what we NEED to live but simply what we want to live more comfortably.


In NYC you see homeless people everyday. Even though they are sleeping on the streets, they have the opportunity to go to a shelter. Low or NO income people have the opportunity to get food stamps, rent assistance, welfare, public assistance, WIC.....even though it’s always easier said than done. Half the people on government assistance have NOTHING wrong with them. They can work but for some reason they don't and that goes to show how easy we have it. Basically my point is, we take too many things for granted. Along the way we become a little selfish and fail to remember what really matters in life. What if you were to wake up tomorrow and everything you have was taken away from you? Then you would realize that what you had was more than enough. Be thankful for the moment with goals for a better future. I’m thankful for every little thing that I have in life and have no regrets, only plans to better myself and the lives of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment